Sunday, January 13, 2013

Deluxe Tunnels and Trolls on Kickstarter


As I recently learned from this informative blog post, Deluxe Tunnels and Trolls has begun its Kickstarter campaign, which ends on Tuesday, February 5th.  I had  the chance to hear some advance scuttlebutt about the new edition from its creator, Ken St. Andre, at OSRCon 2012 last August. I am very excited about the new edition and plan to make a pledge to the Kickstarter campaign after my next paycheck clears in a few days.

As classic (5th-Edition) T&T rulebook artist and editor Liz Danforth recently wrote:

"I talked quite a bit about the pleasure I took in reillustrating the venerable Buffalo Castle solitaire dungeon, now the all-new Château Bison. Steve [Compton’s] graphic skill made it shine, inside and out, bringing my black-and-white linework to living color.

"In fact, the new [French] edition of T&T was so glorious to see, the old team at Flying Buffalo was blown away. Me too. I don’t live in the Phoenix Metro area any more, but the experience was the same for all of us. No sooner had it arrived than we started talking (or in my case, emailing) about how we’d like to see a new edition in English that looked this good."

And that is what we're going to get with the Deluxe Edition of Tunnels and Trolls: newly revised rules (still basically compatible with all previous editions), NEW Danforth art, NEW background on Trollworld, and perhaps even some new Bear Peters maps.


Make sure to get in on the Deluxe T&T Kickstarter, and see also Trollhalla, Ken St Andre’s online home base for the T&T community.

3 comments: